The kiwi bird is a national symbol of New Zealand – it is found only there and on some islands nearby. It has been adopted as their emblem by some sports teams representing New Zealand too, especially rugby union and cricket teams.
So what does a kiwi bird tattoo mean?
Kiwi is a flightless bird which is nocturnal and very shy. Kiwis live in dense forests, feeding on insects, grubs and berries. The kiwi has a long slender bill that it uses to hunt in the dark of night for food. It has poor eyesight but an excellent sense of smell, making it a very unique bird.
Kiwi tattoos have similar symbolism – extremely shy and unapproachable, but living in good conditions, will turn into your devoted friend.
It is a perfect tattoo for people who require independence and privacy, it will help you to find your true path.
If you hardly let anyone into your life and keep them at bay, a kiwi tattoo may be the right choice for you.
Kiwi bird is a symbol of New Zealand, so if you are living there or have some family ties it might be also your lucky charm.
Who is the kiwi bird tattoo best suited for?
This type of tattoos are usually inked on women’s body parts – thighs, calves, hips, back, shoulder blade.
A kiwi bird tattoo is a good idea for people who are introverts and prefer staying at home to going out – it may be the sign of someone who have deep thoughts and stick to their own world.
What colors work best for a kiwi bird tattoo?
Kiwi bird tattoos usually look very good in monochrome or black and white. It is a sign of modesty and simplicity, as well as depth and mystery – any color that enhances these traits may be the best one to choose.
Kiwi bird tattoos are simple in drawing, so you should avoid too many colors.
What symbols can kiwi bird tattoos include?
– Kiwi bird as a whole
– A kiwi bird in natural environment – forest, field, mountain. The symbolism may be the same as above.
– Kiwi bird tattoo with flowers. In this case symbolism is even deeper – it may mean overcoming fears and living your life to the fullest.
– An owl sitting on a branch. This is a common symbol in tattoo art, but you can still put it together with kiwi bird for some extra symbolism – wisdom, courage and overcoming obstacles.
– Kiwi bird with feathers. Feathers are usually symbols of true freedom, so if you are longing to have the wings this may be your choice.
– Kiwi bird tattoo with stars. Stars are commonly associated with new beginnings and changes. By putting a kiwi bird together with stars you may be suggesting that your life is going to take a turn for the better soon.
– Kiwi bird tattoo on wrist or hand – this type of tattoos looks very cute and feminine, as well as delicate.